Below is a list of items that we currently need most. You can also print a Shopping List to bring with you to the store.
Friendly hint: The page prints with two lists, one for you and one to give to a friend.
Thank you for being a generous donor to the Samaritan Center Ministry.
We LOVE fresh fruits and vegetables
... and good grocery bags (plastic and paper)
Top Items Needed (in order of need)
- Canned Vegetables (Corn, Green Beans, Sweet Peas, Spinach and other leafy greens)
- Canned Pasta (Chef Boyardee type)
- Tuna, Salmon, or other canned seafood
- Meat, Canned (chicken, chili, SPAM/Treet)
- Meal Mixes (Zatarain's, Rice-A-Roni, Pasta Roni, etc.)
- Jelly (for the Peanut Butter we have right now)
- Hot Cereal (Oatmeal, Grits, etc.)
- Milk, Shelf Stable (boxed UHT [Visit Milk Unleashed to learn about UHT milk], canned evaporated or powdered). Please, no Sweetened Condensed Milk, unless you are donating it as a dessert.
Other Items We Go Through Quickly
- Fruit - canned (in juice preferred), raisins and other dried fruit
- Canned Beans (Kidney, Black Beans, Baked Beans, Black Eyed Peas, etc.)
- Dry Beans
- Dry Pasta
- Spaghetti Sauce (ready to pour)
- Tomato Products (Sauce, Diced, etc.)
Personal Hygiene Items (always in great need)
- Deodorant / Antiperspirant (Generic gender scent, please)
- Bar Soap
- Toilet Paper
- Tooth Brushes
- Tooth Paste
- Laundry Detergent
- Household & Bathroom cleaning supplies
© 2014 The Samaritan Center, Inc. All rights reserved.
402 Girod St., Mandeville, Louisiana 70448